View of Gurbani on keeping good health
Our bestseller! This pothee includes methods in which to keep the mind and body healthy. It uses Gurbanee to discuss how to avoid sickness and take care of one’s body. It includes healthy living disciplines to go along with a healthy diet to ensure a fit life supported by Banee. It talks about traditional medicine and discusses how to take care of current sickness. Audiobook is not available yet. Highlights of the book are:
- Tea, coffee and other intoxicants are very harmful for the body and cause dryness, headache, stomach problems.
- Use organic cane sugar only, no white sugar.
- Mill wheat flour (ਆਟਾ) at home using organic wheat grains. Use grain mills like Nutrimill, Wonder Mill etc and keep the flour setting on thick. This floud digests very fast and will not cause drowsiness. It will remove constipation. The flour available in Punjabi stores is expired, milled at high speed which destorys all nutrients.
- Punjabi Tarka (ਤੜਕਾ) is bad for the body and leads to heart attack, ulcer, anger and bad thoughts.
- Fried food is prohibited by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. (ਭਾਂਤ ਭਾਂਤ ਭੱਛਤ ਪਕਵਾਨਾ|| ਉਪਜਤ ਰੋਗ ਦੇਹ ਤਿਨ ਨਾਨਾ||)
- Being concerned about how to make one's meal tastier prevents one from being blessed with Amrit ras from within.
- Turmeric (ਹਲਦੀ), Lemon and Khattee Lassi (ਖੱਟੀ ਲੱਸੀ) prevent and cure cancer.
- Combination of cranberry juice, cinnamon (ਦਾਲ ਚੀਨੀ), carom seeds (ਅਜਵੈਣ), amla powder, turmeric (ਹਲਦੀ), fennel seeds (ਸੌਂਫ) is keeps cholestrol under control.